пятница, 17 октября 2008 г.

bit pilani ac.in




Thereapos;s no school tomorrow, so today was a freebie day. (A little background - Iapos;m a professional substitute school bus driver. I get paid whether I drive or not. I get a different assignment every day, and report to work at 4:30 IN THE MORNING)

My route assignment today was plus and minus. It was an old air-conditioned bus, so I was cool but had a rough ride. The kids were glad their regular driver wasnapos;t there, but donapos;t pay attention to the way she goes so I had very little help from them. The first elementary kiddo on the bus this morning was a non-verbal special education boy, cute as a bug. Couldnapos;t even tell me hos name. Fortunately the next child on was a 5th grade "Safety patrol" who makes it her business to not be lost. The migraine set in shortly after I dropped them off, before I picked up the middle school kids.

I guess it started earlier, on the way to work, when David and I argued about politics. Heapos;s very passionate about his candidate, while I canapos;t bring myself to support some I donapos;t know anything about, or someone who chose a pole-dancer look-a-like for a running mate. Iapos;m still VERY undecided.

ANYWAY, i got the middle-school monsters to school calmly, and went back to the bus yard. After eating my lunch (yum, pbj) I crashed out in front of the TV for 3 hours. Nasty oleapos; migraine

The afternoon was ok, I didnapos;t have any high school kids, and the elementary school children were fine until the last stop, you know, the special ed. Kid. His mom wasnapos;t there, and I found out heapos;s not completely mute - he can scream at the top of his lungs,"I WANT MY MOMMY NOW NOW NOW NOW" Wow, she finally showed up after about 10 minutes of this. There just wasnapos;t any calming him down at all. He didnapos;t even look back as he got off the bus. Grrr.

A new batch of middle school students throwing paper wads and seat-hopping had me pulled over before we even left the school, little buggers. I got about 2 hours overtime today and made David take me out for dinner to Amigos for nachos. We still had our uniform shirts on, so no beer for us until we got home.

I guess today was an average day, made a little better byt he fact that there is no school on Friday, AND itapos;s payday, and there are *3* paydays this month. Slowly starting to dig ourselves out of our summer financial hole.

How was your day?

Meredith
bit pilani ac.in, bit pilani ac in bitsat, bit pilani ac in, bit pilani ac.



Комментариев нет: